- What’s in Gorilla Dream?
- What’s the Suggested Dosage of Gorilla Dream?
- What Are the Side Effects of Gorilla Dream?
- Does Gorilla Dream Come with a Return Policy or Guarantee?
- How Much Does Gorilla Dream Cost?
- Final Words on Gorilla Dream
Gorilla Dream is made by Gorilla Mind LLC, a company founded by Mike Cernovich after the success of his self-help book Gorilla Mindset. More than a simple sleep aid, Gorilla Dream—along with the rest of Gorilla Mind’s product line—is marketed as a cognitive enhancer or nootropic.
We know that Cernovich is a controversial social media personality, and we’re not at all endorsing anything blindly! Here at Good Night’s Rest, we’re all about providing objective and well put together product reviews that help consumers make an informed choice.
Gorilla Dream is a sleep aid/nootropic that’s easily available online. Let us do the research and reading up on it, so you don’t have to. Is Gorilla Dream worth trying out? Let’s find out together.
Gorilla Dream’s sleep and recovery formula includes extracts of Valerian root, Chamomile root and Mucuna pruriens. Amino acids GABA, L-Ornithine HCl, L-Theanine and Phenylalanine are also present; along with sleep hormone Melatonin. Vitamin B6 and minerals Magnesium and Zinc top off the formulation.
It does not say whether the included Chamomile is German or Roman—while both variants have medicinal properties, we would have appreciated more detailed information.
This is a great moment to remind everyone that supplements and nootropics should be taken regularly and added to your daily routine only after you consult a doctor or healthcare professional. Also: Products like this are not meant for self-medicating and cannot replace actual prescribed medication.
How Do Gorilla Dream’s Ingredients Help You Sleep Better?
Most sleep aids focus on better sleep onset and sleep quality. Gorilla Dream is formulated to help with both, and then some. Gorilla Mind LLC states that Gorilla Dream should aid in sleeping faster and deeper, as well as encourage vivid dreaming.
Let’s do a deep dive and discuss each ingredient of Gorilla Dream separately.
- Valerian root and Chamomile root are typical herbal sleep remedies that are often paired together. In fact, the former is one of the most well known and extensively studied natural sleep aids. It is not uncommon to find tea blends and supplements containing both Valerian root and Chamomile. Note that it is German Chamomile (Matricaria recutita), not Roman, that is tapped for its relaxing properties.
- Mucuna pruriens, also known as velvet bean, is a powerful natural antioxidant that has been used for centuries in the Ayurvedic tradition of Indian medicine. Velvet bean is an excellent source of the amino acid levodopa or L-dopa—which may help with anxiety, pain and stress relief. It’s also been observed to help with sleep, and may induce vivid dreams.
- GABA is another amino acid that is said to aid in relaxation and anxiety regulation. Naturally occurring in the human body and also found in some food items, GABA is an ideal amino acid for sleep health. Like Valerian root and Chamomile, GABA is a common sleep supplement ingredient.
- L-Theanine is a mood lifter and focus booster amino acid found in green and black tea. As far as supplement and nootropic ingredients go, this one is probably the most familiar to the general public. You can find in many sleep remedies, and it’s part of the most common nootropics stack for beginners (caffeine and L-theanine).
- L-Ornithine is another non-essential amino acid can be found in small amounts in some food. Studies show that taking L-Ornithine may help with stress and sleep problems
- L-Phenylalanine is, in comparison, an essential amino acid. This means that it must be included in our regular diet and intake, as the body needs it but cannot produce it on its own. Phenylalanine has been observed to help with depression, mood, pain and more.
- Melatonin is the body’s sleep hormone, and like Valerian root is so popular that many companies sell it as a natural sleep aid on its own.
- Vitamin B6 is important for the proper development and maintenance of the nervous and immune systems. A lack of Vitamin B6 can result in psychological and sleep problems, according to studies. Important to note if taking several supplements: The 39 mg in each dose of Gorilla Dream is well over the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin B6, although it is still under the maximum.
- Magnesium is more important to physical health than you think. In particular, Magnesium has been shown to help people with sleep troubles. The 225 mg provided in each Gorilla Dream dose sits comfortably near the recommended daily allowances of Magnesium for men and women.
- Zinc is something we don’t often see in sleep aids, but it’s often found in multivitamins because it’s important for physical grown and development. It’s good for the immune system and helps wounds heal, but more than than, Zinc has also been studied as a sleep regulator.
The last three listed make up ZMA, a popular supplement blend for muscle strength and recovery.
What makes Gorilla Dream a nootropic? We think it has to do with the fact that there are so many ingredients that help with mental relaxation, motivation and even alertness. While Gorilla Dream promises fast sleep onset and deep sleep, cognitive enhancement is implied with this focus on mind recovery and recuperation.
Is Gorilla Dream Allergy-Friendly, Vegan or Vegetarian?
There seems to be no literature provided by Gorilla Mind LLC to confirm whether or not Gorilla Dream is allergy-friendly, vegan or vegetarian.
Gorilla Dream comes in capsule form and not soft gel caps, which means that it doesn’t use gelatin. This bodes well for vegans and vegetarians, as gelatin may sometimes be made from marrow or bones from animals.
What to Consider Before Taking Gorilla Dream
Gorilla Mind LLC notes that Gorilla Dream should be used by healthy adults. Because it is a sleep aid, you should not operate machinery or drive any vehicle after dosing. In case you take too much (typically more than six capsules) and experience adverse physical and mental reactions, you should immediately alert a health professional or contact a poison control center.
A note about storage: Some ingredients in the formulation of Gorilla Dream may be sensitive to light or temperature changes. Consistent fluctuations in environment may affect the potency of the natural sleep aid.
Is Gorilla Dream Safe for Children?
Gorilla Dream does not need a prescription and is sold as a supplement, but it is definitely not for children.
Additionally, this supplement is not for the pregnant or nursing, or those with pre-existing medical conditions—especially the cardiovascular kind.
The listed serving size or daily dosage is three capsules, although Gorilla Mind LLC notes that you can start with one or two capsules daily to test your tolerance and/or supplement effectivity.
The maximum dosage, as mentioned earlier, is two servings or six capsules in a 24-hour period. Take Gorilla Dream 30 minutes before sleeping.
Here are the possible negative side effects listed by Gorilla Mind LLC: significantly rapid heartbeat, labored breathing and/or shortness of breath, as well as extreme dizziness and/or headache.
The company recommends that you discontinue dosing and contact a doctor immediately if you experience any of these.
How Effective Is Gorilla Dream?
There aren’t many verified customer reviews of of Gorilla Dream online, but most of the ones we’ve found are positive.
A number of comments we’ve come across are the “it’s not working for me” kind, which we’ve noticed is par for the course with dietary supplements. Consumers may not experience the same efficacy and effectiveness across the board.
What Are Common Gorilla Dream Complaints?
Other negative feedback about Gorilla Dream tends to center on specific ingredients that individual people don’t like.
For example: Some nootropics enthusiasts don’t like the inclusion of GABA, which they find to be not very effective if taken orally. Some find the amount of Vitamin B6 is too excessive when combined with other supplement blends they take.
Where Can You Find Gorilla Dream?
You can easily find Gorilla Dream on Gorilla Mind LLC’s own website.
Gorilla Dream and other Gorilla Mind LLC products are also available on large online retailers like Amazon.
What to Expect from the Maker of Gorilla Dream
Gorilla Mind LLC is relatively new and they don’t have a lot of products out yet—just four right now, excluding bundles and samples—so there isn’t much to go on.
What we like: Gorilla Mind LLC lists and links to studies that support their formulations. They also, for the most part, include detailed information about the ingredients they use—down to individual amounts. No secret proprietary blends to be found here.
What we don’t like: Most supplement makers proudly note if their products are vegan or vegetarian friendly, or at least safe for people prone to allergies. Not Gorilla Mind LLC! They do list side effects, though, which is appreciated. This makes us think that they are at least allergy-safe, as they take extra steps to make sure that any possible adverse reactions are mentioned on the label.
What Quality Assurance Does Gorilla Dream Go Through?
Gorilla Dream is made in an FDA-registered facility following GMP policies.
There’s not much that we can find beyond that, but it’s enough for us to feel secure and safe. The supplement is made in the USA, too, if that is important to you.
How Is Gorilla Mind LLC’s Customer Support?
Gorilla Mind LLC answers consumer questions on Amazon directly—a huge plus for us. They also have a contact form and listed address on their own website, as well as the usual social media accounts.
A tiny detail that bothered us: When you click on the FAQ on the Gorilla Mind LLC website, it takes you to a blog section, instead of a Q&A page.
Yes! Gorilla Mind LLC has a 30-day return and full refund policy.
This counts as a money back guarantee. However, there is some confusion about the specifics of this policy. Gorilla Mind LLC states on Gorilla Dream’s Amazon product page that the full refund works with “no tricks or excuses”. On their own website, though, it states that products must be unopened and in their original packaging in order to qualify for return.
As of this writing, Gorilla Dream is listed at $16.99 on Amazon as well as the brand’s official online store.
Gorilla Dream is packaged in bottles containing 90 capsules each. This is good for one serving per day for 30 days.
If you’re looking for a natural sleep aid with nootropic qualities, try Gorilla Dream. The 30-day return policy is not the best, but at least there is an option to do it.
Bottom line: If you’re just looking for a sleep aid, this is probably not the first product we’d recommend. Gorilla Dream is formulated for more than just sleep—and Gorilla Mind LLC unabashedly markets it this way. The nootropic is also concerned about recovery and focus, so while it may very well help you sleep, it’s not purely for sleep health.
Again: Consult your doctor before adding Gorilla Dream or any other dietary supplement to your daily regimen. It’s better to be safe than to be sorry.